This is a temporary part-time position through an employment agency. This position is anticipated, but not guaranteed through May 30, 2017. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, this position performs custodial maintenance of the WMKO Headquarters and VSQ buildings in Waimea and the summit facility to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Lead, organize, prioritize, and perform custodial tasks according to a prescribed listing of daily/weekly/monthly duties for the purpose of maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Utilize WMKO-provided cleaning equipment and tools to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Monitor Headquarters/ VSQ cleaning, bathroom, and kitchen supplies and maintain small inventory of such to assure items are available when needed.
- Change VSQ bed and bath linens as appropriate according to occupancy schedule to provide fresh linens after each guest.
- Accomplish VSQ and HQ laundry as required.
- Move furniture, equipment, and boxes on an as-needed basis to assist others in the performance of their duties.
- Perform other duties consistent with the scope of the position.
- One year experience in custodial position.
- Hospitality housekeeping experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively use cleaning tools and equipment.
- Solid working knowledge of custodial procedures.
- Motivated, self-starter who can manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast paced environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively and concisely at all levels.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to build collaborative, effective relationships with staff.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Willingness to commit to WMKO core values: Safety, Integrity, Respect, Discovery and Service.
- Willingness to commit to WMKO cultural values: Education/Learning, Communication, Teamwork, Rewarding Work Environment, Excellence, Community Involvement.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This is not a complete list of the physical demands that may be required.
- Stand: Remain on one's feet in an upright position at a workstation without moving about.
- Walk: Move about on foot.
- Lift: Raise or lower an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 50 pounds.
- Vision: Color vision - Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Hear: Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Carry: Transport an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder.
- Push: Exert force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force.
- Pull: Exert force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking).
- Climb: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps . Body agility is emphasized.
- Balance: Maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, or running on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Stoop: Bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Handle: Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand, such as to turn a switch or shift automobile gears.
These environmental conditions are representative of what an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. This is not a complete list of the environmental conditions that may be encountered.
- Exposure to weather: Subject to cold, wind, rain and humidity.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
with our quick 3 minute application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!